Saturday, October 22, 2011

Echo

The oncologists office called the other day, and they have scheduled Dustin for an Echo (sonogram of his heart) Wednesday at 10:15.  Before chemo starts we have to make sure his heart is in good shape.  Just to clarify, his oncologist says there is cancer (I don't like that word so we call it cooties in our house) somewhere we just have to find it.

Dustin has been doing OK after surgery.  He is still using his ice packs and still on his pain meds, but for the most part I think he is doing really well.  His incisions are healing with no problems.  He doesn't sleep too good, but he naps during the day.  We went to my parents yesterday for dinner and to "air" him out....lol, but I think it was too much for him.  I won't be taking him on any more field trips for a while.

He complains that his neck is stiff, which is to be expected and his port "moves" which bothers him.  I don't know much about the port, we will have to talk to his surgeon about that one.

Until next time.
:-)  Delana 

No comments:

Post a Comment