Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Last Treatment??

Dustin may have had his last treatment today. He has a PET scan next Wed and we get the results the following Wed, if all is clear we go home and say good bye to Hodgkins, if there r still signs of cooties we do 2 more cycles (4 treatments) or we may have to do a stem cell transplant.

So today on the floor of the treatment center the nurses knew today could be his last but you don't want to jinx it, so we told them goodbye but in the back of our mind both of us were thinking "I really hope this is good bye!!"

Today went perfect for Dustin, he had his favorite nurse and he did not have to wait on his meds! We were out of the hospital by 1 pm today, that never happens. We had a celebratory lunch today, he found the only Pizza Shoppe in Oklahoma, it was about 30 miles away but he said he was going!! It was awesome, it tasted just like the ones in KC.

His last round was pretty rough on him, the fatigue, bone pain and nausea about did him in. I really hope this round is not so bad but unfortunately it probably will be. I just have to remind myself this could be the last one. Dust and I pray it is the last one and I know we have many friends and family praying for us!

I have pictures from today but I am unable to post withy phone, when we get home I'll post them.

:-) Delana

3 comments:

  1. Please tell Dustin I am thinking of him...I had no idea that he has cancer, how long has he had it? I will be sending a prayer to the family..Please let him know of my concern and give him my love....
    kimstatler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayers! He was diagnosed with hodgkins Octobet 2011.
    Delana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Dustin to hang in there - when he starts feeling better this time he GETS TO KEEP FEELING BETTER! You should go out and celebrate "no chemo day" two weeks from his last treatment. ;)

    ReplyDelete