Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chemo Day

Today was chemo day... It was #4, or end of cycle 2. We saw the nurse practitioner this AM, all of his blood work was good. His white count was elevated but that is to be expected with the Neulasta injection. So off we went to the hospital for his Spidey juices. He found his favorite chair and we got settled. His nurse started his juice and every thing was going as usual... His first 2 are pushes that are done by the nurse, but the next one is "bleo" and it is ran by the IV pump and takes about an hour. Bleo has a habit of being hard on the lungs and u can have reactions to it. By the time the bleo was over Dustin said his chest "felt kinda tight". Well they put a stop on everything, and called his Dr. He then got. IV benadryl and IV solumedrol (steroids)... After that the chest "tightness" was better so he was able to get his last chemo med, they were going to hold it! The benadryl really kicked his butt, he was asleep and snoring in 20 minutes. I actually have a great picture of that but I don't know who would kill me first, him or my mother :-)

So here we are in our hotel in Tulsa. He is sleeping off and on and I hate to admit it I am watching Justin Beiber on TLC...I need to remember my book next time. We will go get his injection tomorrow afternoon, then we will be able to go home.

I apologize I am writing this on my phone, and there is no spell check, so be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment