Wednesday, January 11, 2012

CT Results

Today was the day Dustin and I have been secretly dreading for a few weeks. He received the results of his CT today, this CT was to tell us if the chemo was doing what it was supposed to do. If the CT showed new growth, Dust would have to start a new chemo plan (a stronger and uglier chemo). To be honest I did not sleep at all last night, he finally started snoring around 12:30. The alarm came very early this morning at 4:30. We got to Dr M's office at 8:45 we were both trying not to let the other one know just how nervous we were a out getting the results... I had been telling him for weeks that the results were going to be fine... He said he just wasn't sure. When Dr M came in to see us, I tried to read him as soon as he walked in... He said his usuall hellos and immediately asked Dust how he was feeling and how he was doing. I just knew right then it was bad news. I preparing myself... Telling myself not to cry in the Dr's office! But the he proceeds to tell us that his upper chest lymph nodes have not changed (not bigger but not smaller), his middle chest nodes have showed slight improvement and his abdomen and pelvic lymph nodes also show slight improvement. To be honest I didn't know what to think of this when he read it to us, but he said he was happy with dustins progress. If he is happy we are happy! I know Dustin was disappointed that all of his lymph nodes were not back to normal size, but we have a lot of friends and family praying for him and I know one day soon he will have a normal scan!!

He is resting now, chemo really wipes him out. I ordered his dinner, but he fell asleep before it got here :-(
I'm typing on my phone so be kind with the spelling errors.

:-) Delana

No comments:

Post a Comment