Sunday, January 8, 2012

I am really falling down on the job....I really haven't posted in almost a month.  Dustin is doing pretty good, he is getting really tired and his back and hip is hurting more.  He tries to go on "field trips" with me but some times it really wears him out.  Last Wednesday he had a CT to check and see if his current chemo plan is working, we are to get the results this Wednesday.  I would be lying if I said we weren't anxious about those results.  If it shows no new growth and his lymph nodes have shrunk he will stay on his current plan...if it shows new growth he will go on stronger chemo and possibly a stem cell transplant.  We are not ready for that!!!

We received a bill the other day from St Johns Medical Center that took our breath away.  We have been receiving bills for his chemo for $3,700.  The new bill is from pharmacy services for $26,000!  This is for one treatment!!! He is going to have 12-18 treatments.  The $3,700 is just for nursing services!  This is just insane!!

It is pretty boring here, but that is how I like it, that means Dustin is well and feeling pretty good.  I will update the blog Wednesday night, from the hotel with the CT results.  Wish us luck and pray for good results.

:-) Delana

No comments:

Post a Comment