Friday, February 3, 2012

Eyebrows and Food

Just a quick note to let everyone know how he is doing.  This round went OK, he was given a new anti-nausea medication to try.  For 3 pills the co-pay was $80!  I shouldn't complain, if he didn't have insurance it would have been over $550.  He took one pill the day of chemo, then one pill a day for the next 2 days.  He said it really wasn't any different than alternating the Zofran and Phenergan, so we are going back to Zofran.
After the side effects of chemo wore off he was craving Mexican food, we ate it 2 days in a row, I told him he was worse than a pregnant woman.  But at least he was eating.  He was a little disappointed because even though he was hungry and could eat, he still couldn't taste it.  My mom and I have been teasing him that since he can't taste anything it really doesn't matter what he eats so now is the time to try new food!  For those of you that do not know, Dustin is a VERY picky eater!  He is getting frustrated with not being able to taste food, tonight he actually ate some of my sweet and sour pork!  For him that is huge, normally he would never eat that, but I think he was just looking for flavor.

He has finally lost most of his eyebrows and eyelashes.  He has maybe 5 eyebrow hairs left and i tease him that they are mocking me by sticking straight out...I want to pluck them but he won't let me.  He is quite  protective of his remaining eyebrows.  I guess I'll let him keep them for now ;-)

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment