Monday, September 12, 2011

Long Day

So we got up this morning thinking it was going to be a normal Monday, we got the boys off to school and then I started making some phone calls. First thing I wanted to do was call the Cancer Treatment of America in Tulsa and see about making Dust an appoinent. We didn't care the oncologist we saw last week! I found out they do take Medicare, however you have to live within 30 miles of their facility! I told them there were NO oncologists within 30 miles of us. There were 5 in Ft. Smith and that is 50 miles away. Any way he wouldn't see us, even if he would the next appt is 4 months away (That's after Christmas!). Back to square 1 on a Dr search.
Next I called his current Dr and left a message with the nurse that his legs were swelling. She called back and asked is to have a Doppler study done ( ultra sound of his legs to check for a blood clot). So off we go. Dustin really enjoyed having "KY Jelly" all over his legs! (OK it's really not KY, but I didn't correct him). We waited in the waiting room for 45 minutes for the tech to tell us if we could leave, I finally went to the receptionist to ask ( sorry I interrupted ur personal phone call!) They told us to go home and for US to call the Dr. I called them from the parking lot then headed home. As we walked in the front door our nurse called, Doppler was normal, great! By the way, nurse, Dustin is becoming short of breath. After conversation she sends us to the ER, in Ft. Smith! So back in the truck we go. Dustin is not happy! That is where we r sitting now, we have been here for 3 hours and have not seen a Dr yet... What fun.( I'm writing this on my IPhone so be kind)

No comments:

Post a Comment