Friday, September 30, 2011

New Dr

We had an appointment this morning with another oncologist.  We chose to go to a Dr in Tulsa (he took care of my uncle).  Keep in mind Dustin nor I had ever been to Tulsa and we had to be there at 9am.  Dad came to the house at 545am to help with the boys and let us borrow the Blazer.  He programed OnStar with the address and away we went.  I had an idea of how to get to Tulsa, but I followed OnStar.  It took us around the world!  We went about 55 miles out of the way!  A 2 hour trip took us 3 hours! 

The Dr was great and confirmed my suspicions....They missed the lymph node on Dustin's needle biopsy.  He also agreed we did not need to wait 3 months and "see what happens", we needed to find answers now.

Dustin is to have a bone marrow biopsy and PET scan next week, we are going to try and schedule it for the same day if we can. Dustin will be 40 next week, what a birthday present!  Then we see him again in 2 weeks for results.

I'm glad we found this Dr (thanks Uncle Jim!), but we are back to square 1, we DO NOT have a negative lymph node biopsy.

We really do appreciate all the prayers and kind words!

;-) Delana

No comments:

Post a Comment